Friday, August 6, 2010

Grandma!

My Grandma Coleman lived alone for most of the yrs that I knew her. She was the only Grandma I knew (here on earth). Her hus, Grandpa, died when I was 10! I got to play the violin at his funeral. In fact, my best memory playing the instrument that I love was in their house as a child. I still remember them smiling at me & being so proud. As I grew older I simply remember Grandma wailing about losing Grandpa. It used to pain her so much living alone. I used to miss my older siblings so much I would cry for days, but I never knew (until much later) really how Grandma felt. (This is my niece who was born on my Mom's b-day, & named after Grandma)

When I got older (& grew wiser) I visited Grandma. I played my violin for her and captured her on videotape talking about as much as she could remember. I mostly just held long her cherished hand. How I miss our dear, sweet Ethel!
Now that I'm older, I wish I had visited Grandma . . . more.

No comments:

Post a Comment