Monday, November 19, 2012

On My Mind Today


Giving Thanks #18: We're not like normal couples. We don't celebrate that one day in February. You know, the day that is put on the calendar that obligates people to express their love? Nah. We don't believe that we need that set date to display our love. We do it every day of the year. Just like giving flowers. When Nolan gives me flowers (which is often), it's because he's expressing his love to me with God's beauty. Not because he's trying to worm his way out of the doghouse. (Which I don't put him in. I don't believe in that either.) So no, we're not a normal couple. And I'm thankful for that.
Happy Birthday, Nolan ~ to the Best UPS (Cole)man I've ever had!
They were there when I needed someone to help me move.
They were there when I needed someone to invite
me to a Coleman family reunion ~
many times.
They were there when I needed
a place to eat on a Sunday.
They were there when my back hurt so much
(as well as my heart)
that I needed a massage (or two or three or four).
Love you guys immensely!
I was 19 when this talk was given.
Ironically, it was one of the first that I truly "listened" to
& understood
at one of the first
General Conferences I actually "heard."
Line upon line . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment