Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving at Jane's

Jane is the best cook!
Photo: Thanksgiving at Jane's (she & her hus are both related to me on a Coleman line).  Her meals are the best!
Thanksgiving at her house
is such a delight.
The food is incredibly delicious
& the atmosphere so warm
& cozy.
I always enjoy spending time with
her children
and cute grandchildren.
She & her hus are both Coleman's
& live just down the street
a ways from me.
I met her when she was secretary-ing
at one of my sch's.
When we built the new H.S.
the 5th graders were all moved out
& put into a school with the 6th graders.
So, I don't get to see Jane
as much anymore.
Near the end of my first year teaching
she asked if I had
any relations to Colemans in the area.
Not only do I, it turns out,
but I ended up having the information
to answer her sister's prayers.
A member of the Bishopric in my former ward
was a Coleman.
He invited me to meet his father.
After 5 years putting it off
I did meet him, &
found he had a book
that answered many questions
about the Coleman line.
The next day I went on line to get a copy.
Someone had it up for only $25!!
It was an ex-library book
among others being thrown away.
The woman selling the books had thought
someone might want them.
That someone happened
to be me.
Her site was supposed to have been
taken down.
Fortunately, (& by some miracle)
I still found it.
And bought the book . . .
It had just the right information
to be useful
to many searching relatives.
I feel grateful
to be the one (thru God) to grant their wishes!




No comments:

Post a Comment